Sunday, September 29, 2013

My First Blog - A little bit about me!

For my first blog I thought I would tell you all a little bit about me! 

I am a 44 (almost 45) year old, single, plus size, woman.  I have been an Independent Founding Presenter with Younique since October, 2012. 

I have always been on the shy and quiet side with a pretty low self esteem, which has improved drastically over the last 10 years.  Because of my size, and I am no longer ashamed to admit to you all that I am currently at 355 pounds, I have always been a little self conscious and hate to be the center of attention.

Throughout my life I have battled with my weight, and have tried diet after diet with no success, until 10 years ago when it hit me that I was not causing this problem, I did not live on junk and eat a lot, I was a normal person and actually ate better than my skinny friends, but my metabolism is very slow so if I ate chocolate it stayed - forever!  I finally decided that I was happy the way I am and if those around me did not like it then I just did not care! The best thing I ever did for my self esteem, was to stop listening to myself be negative and remind myself to be positive.

Those that work with me have a hard time believing that I am shy, I put on another personality when I am at the office, it helps me get through the day, and that has also helped me to realize just how much I like myself and my life!  I start everyday with basically the same words:  I can do this! I CAN talk to strangers and do my job to the best of my ability! I am as good as or better then anyone else and I WILL have a great day! It is GREAT to be ME!

I know it sound strange but this has helped me to come out of my shell and secure a great position with my local government, and what's more with Younique!

For those of you not familiar with Younique, we are a new direct sales company specializing in Naturally Based Mineral Cosmetics.  I was introduced to Younique through a blog and after asking for more information, I visited the Younique Corporate website and found this:
Feel beautiful.  Look beautiful.  Be beautiful.  Inside and out!
Younique's mission is to uplift, empower, validate and ultimately help build the self-esteem of women around the world. Through high-quality products that encourage these core values - along with spiritual enlightenment - we're enabling opportunities for personal growth and financial reward to women everywhere.

I read this mission statement and signed up IMMEDIATELY! The best decision I have ever made!!

My self-esteem is growing everyday thanks to Younique, and I am so proud to be a part of such and amazing company! Not even a full year in business and company sales were over $600,000 in September!

I still repeat my chant every morning, and I am believing it more each day!

Welcome to my Younique by Pamela blog - I will share here my Younique adventures most of which are out-side my comfort zone.  I am going to do this because Younique has become my savior and I hope this blog will help me to continue to grow as a person and as a successful business owner.

Please visit my Younique site and check out the products and even more so, check out the information about the company and the founders, I believe you will be as sold on this company as I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment