Friday, November 15, 2013

My Emotional "Why"

Over the last couple of week I have been reading and listening to self improvement books on building a direct sales business, and tonight Younique held a Corporate conference call, and the one thing they all stressed was the need to determine your Emotional Why.

Why did I join Younique:  My first response is, the mission statement spoke to me in such a way that I had to be a part of this company.  My second was, I want to live debt free and have the financial ability to run away to a beach with my entire family or all my friends any time I want to!

The I read and listened to all of these direct sales professional ask over and over if I knew my Emotional Why!  I have given it a lot of thought and tried over and over again to get away from the financial aspect of it. 

I found out in 2005 at 36 that I would never have children of my own, it was devastating! I went into surgery to have simple cysts removed, and woke up to find out that due to severe endometriosis they had to do a complete hysterectomy and I would never be able to have children. 

I know you are asking yourself why is she telling me this? Well I wanted you to understand my feelings for my nieces and nephews.  Having lost the ability to have children of my own, they are the children I will never have.   I have done my best to attend every sports event, concert, birthday party, or anything else they have thought to tell me about, ever since then.  If they wanted Auntie Pam to be there then I would be come hell or high water!

I now have nieces and nephews, that range in age from the oldest who is 32 to the youngest who is about 2 months old now; I actually had to write them all down so I could remember just how many there were.

I was visiting with them last week and several of them, the younger ones and teenagers, and I, were talking about school and their grades and their plans for after high school, they are all mostly straight A students, and they were discussing how they all really wanted to go to college and how if they did not get the scholarships they needed from sports or their grades, and save money from their part time jobs, then they would probably do like the rest of the family and just go to work, and not go to college. 

Other than one brother and his wife that have attended college, there is no one else in my immediately family that has, so to hear my nieces and nephews talk about how much they want to go to college and how financially they may not be able to, made me so sad!

My Emotional Why:  My Nieces and Nephews!
It hit me at that my moment that my Emotional Why was indeed tied to finances! I want my Younique business to be a success so that not only can I live debt free, but so I can help my nieces and nephews pay for college if that is their wish.  I want to have the ability to help them succeed in their goals, no matter what they are!

I believe that Younique is the solution to that need!  I see my sponsor, who in the last 2 months, has brought home more than I make in 5 months at my current job, and is up for a bonus this month and I know that it can happen!

I have written down my Emotional Why, and my Short Term and Long Term Goals for my business, and I know that I WILL SUCCEED! I will not accept failure!!

On another note - Thank You for not only shopping on my site and helping me to succeed but for reading my blog and helping me to come out of my shell a little more.  I am growing and becoming more confident in my abilities every day - because of all of you! Thank you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment