Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Selfies


As an almost 45 year old plus size woman I have never liked having my picture taken, nor have I been into taking my own picture with my cell phone and posting it all over the Internet, as most young woman and men do now. 

"Selfies" have always seemed a little ridiculous to me and sometime extremely embarrassing!  There are some of my nieces and even my nephews that have posted the most ridiculous photos, I honestly don't think they have a clue, no matter how many times they have been told, that those photos will be out there forever!

Then Younique entered my life and all of a sudden I have hundreds of selfies and honestly they all SUCK!!!!  I can not take a good photo of myself, even in all my Younique awesomeness, to save my soul!! But does that stop me? NO it doesn't, I just keep taking these awful photos and what's more I post them on the Internet!

I have put them all over my facebook fan page (YouniquebyPamela) which links to my Twitter account (YouniquePamela) and have even put some on my Google+ page and now I am even going to share some of them on here. 

I love the Younique Products so much, and love the results I get when using them, that I feel the need to share the before and after photos with anyone that wants to see them, in the hopes that they will show some other beautiful woman with self esteem issues how they not only help you feel beautiful on the outside but also help you to feel it on the inside!

This is my very first Before and After - not the best but it got me a few customers!
 

Next came the ones where I was told that if I held the camera in front of me and then tilted my head up and moved the camera up to the same angle I would get really great lighting and my photos would look better - I think I look nuts and no matter what color eye pigments I am wearing they all look like brown!



These are some of my last ones, taken over the last few days.  I have been playing with Highlighting and Contouring and did several before and after shots. Some I have combines nicely and others are just a mess! LOL

Day1 -Highlighting/Contouring
                                                                                     Day 2 Highlighting/contouring

I believe that I am getting better at it, so if I'm not please don't tell me, cause I really don't need that kind of negativity in my life! LOL  Seriously I know I have a lot to learn about taking a Selfie, but I plan on learning while I am learning all about the many ways to apply makeup! 
 
I never thought that at 45 (which I will be on February 26 so I am owning it!) I would be embarking on a journey of self discovery and learning so much about so many things!  I feel like a girl in my 20's not a grown woman fully in my 40's.
 
 I will keep taking my selfies and learning new things to make them look better. I will also keep plugging away at Younique, and doing all I can to improve myself and my abilities while doing all I can to represent Younique in a positive way!
 
I LOVE being in on the beginning of an amazing company and watching from the front row and they make History!
 
I cant wait to see what 2014 and Younique have in store for me!!
 












2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Pam! I don't have the knack for the selfie technique. Either with or without the increasingly-popular "duck face" smile, I am just not satisfied with the results. In addition to the duck, I have tried to remember the tips you have mentioned here as well as avoiding looking down at the camera or backlighting myself. I did learn this evening that I can use the button on a pair of earbuds as a shutter button for my phone. I am going to have to try that out, because one of the things I dislike most about my own pics is the extreme close up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try the earbud button tip! Thanks

    ReplyDelete