Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Younique Adventure!

On October 19, 2012, I saw a post on the Good Deal Divas Facebook page talking about a ground floor opportunity to get in on a new direct sales company before they had even launched.  I requested information and received a message from Nichole Smith, Younique Founding Presenter #36. 

I read that message on October 20, 2012 and followed the link included to the Younique Products website, once there I read about the founders of Younique, Derek Maxfield and Melanie Maxfield Huscroft, a brother and sister team.  Younique's philosophy is centered around the core values of simplicity, spiritual enlightenment, positive influence and the celebration of inner and outer beauty.  Derek and Melanie firmly believe that all women should feel valued, smart, and empowered through opportunities of personal growth and financial reward! Joining the Younique family provides opportunities for women to belong to a company that truly believes that the sky is the limit!
 
I also read the company Mission Statement "Feel beautiful.  Look beautiful.  Be beautiful.  Inside and out!  Younique's mission is to uplift, empower, validate and ultimately help build the self-esteem of women around the world. Through high-quality products that encourage these core values - along with spiritual enlightenment - we're enabling opportunities for personal growth and financial reward to women everywhere".
 
As I stated in an earlier post I was sold and immediately signed up, I am presenter #83.  At that time the kit contained business cards, some product cards, a fancy pen and a wonderful black case.  There was not product since at that time the company did not have any products available.
 
We launched on November 1, 2012, and the excitement of our websites "going live" was amazing! at that time we had 2 products, and a couple of others came available in January, 2013. By February,  corporate eliminate 3 products, and changed the focus of the company to cosmetics; and in March, 2013 launched additional products.   The excitement every time the site is improved and new products are released continues!
 
In early 2013 corporate announce the Younique Inaugural Convention, at the time I knew that as broke as I was, all the time, that the $500, plus airfare, was not something I could afford.  Then corporate offered a payment plan.  By this time I was still so excited about the company that I had decided that no matter how long it took I would make this a successful business for myself so that I would have a comfortable income in my retirement, so I have until 2029 to make a success of it!
 
I determined that not only could I write the entire trip off on my taxes, but the chance to attend the first ever convention for a company I loved, was something that I had to do, not matter what it cost!  I started making payments on the convention, and then used ALL my Alaska Airline miles to get a ticket to Utah.  This was way outside my comfort zone - I did not know anyone that was going to be there - and I do not like to interact with people I do not know - but I did it, and it was an AMAZING weekend!
 
My sponsor, Nichole, is such an inspiration.  This photo is of those members of Team Diva, and all from ALASKA, that attended convention, along with Younique Founder Derek Maxfield.  Team Diva made up 1/3 of the convention attendees.  I shared a 2 bedroom suite with Nichole, and we had a team meeting our first night there, it was so much fun getting to know so many talented woman.  I am proud to be a member of Team Diva, and can't wait until the next convention!
 
I am not the type of person that like to talk with people I do not know, I am a little shy and extremely self-conscious, so becoming a presenter for a makeup company and deciding that no matter what my family and friends thought about my decision I was going to succeed, was a HUGE step for me.  I have never before found a company or a line of products that I love as much as Younique, so for me this is not only a business but a blessing!
 
Younique is bringing me out of my shell! It is helping me to feel confident in myself, to feel empowered by the knowledge I have about the company and the products, and my self esteem is building everyday!
 
I have been approaching people about Younique and getting a great response! I am not advancing as fast as others in the company, but I have 16 years to get there, so I am taking it slow and steady.  My adventure continues everyday that I talk to someone new about Younique.  Someday one of those people will decide that Younique is right for them, and my team will continue to grow. Until that time I will keep sharing the joy that is Younique with anyone and everyone that will listen. 
 
The next step in my adventure is my first ever event, I have secured a booth at a local holiday market place, I am terrified, but excited at the same time. For those of you in Alaska, stop by booth 1-3 at the Mat-Su Holiday Market Place, located in the Menard Spots Center in Wasilla Alaska, on November 9 or 10,  2013.
 
Younique has truly changed my life! I am proud to call myself a Founding Presenter with a company that treats all of its presenters like family, a company where the founders interact on a daily basis with its presenters and actually cares about our success! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment