Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Awake & Brilliant - A product review

In September Younique released several new products, two of them from a new line of skin care. This post will be my first ever product review, please remember that I not only sell Younique products but LOVE all of them and this review reflects that view!

One of the things I love about Younique is that not only do they list the ingredients of each product but they describe what the ingredient is!

First up is Awake Facial Cleanser:         

From the first use my face has felt incredibly clean! I have used a lot of different cleansers in my life and when I receive Awake I actually forgot I had it, so I washed my face with my normal cleaner and then I remember the Awake, so I washed my face again. A note - A little goes a LONG way! I used way to much that first time.  I looked up at my reflection, without my glasses so I cant see a thing, and all I saw was this Bright White face, I was shocked! My face had never looked or felt so clean before.

Ingredients:
Aqua, or highly purified, de-ionized water, is the liquid of life! Hydrates, cleanses, and nourishes the skin and works as a natural spreading component, helping to distribute other ingredients evenly over the skin.
Glycerin, derived from natural plant oil, is a non-toxic and non-irritating plant-based humectant, or moisture-preserver.
Stearic Acid (also known as Palmitic Acid) is an organic nutrient derived from palm trees that soothes and softens the skin by nourishing the skin deep within.
Carbon is a natural black colorant in cosmetics.
Garden Chrysanthemum is an herb that functions as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Also used to impart fragrance.
Allantoin is an organic compound extracted from herbs (comfrey and bearberry) that protects skin from potential reactions to any ingredients. Also helps to stimulate tissue growth.
Lauric Acid, derived from coconut oil, is great for its moisturizing properties, and treats acne with its microbial properties.
Potassium Hydroxide, also known as lye, is an alkaline ingredient used in small amounts to modulate the pH of a product and cleanse the skin.
Palmitic Acid is both a cleaning agent and an emollient (skin softener). Helps reinforce skin's healthy barrier function for a smoother surface.
Myristic Acid is a cleansing agent that creates foam.
Lauryl Glucoside is a surface-cleansing agent that degreases and emulsifies oils and fats, allowing them to be washed away.
Glycol Stearate softens and smoothens the skin while also acting as a thickening agent.
Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate is a conditioning surfactant.
Cocamidopropyl Betaine degreases and emulsifies oils and fats, allowing them to be washed away.
PEG-100 Stearate (PEG is short for Polyethylene Glycol) acts as a surfactant, binding agent (to keep ingredients blended), stabilizer, and skin softener.
Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial qualities, as well as a cool, refreshing sensation.
Licorice Root Extract contains anti-inflammatory properties, as well as activates melanin production as to be effective for improving dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
Methylhydroxybenzoate contains wide antibacterial properties, inertness, and chemical stability, as well as low toxicity.
Propyl Hydroxybenzoate is a preservative typically found in many water-based cosmetics, such as creams, lotions, shampoos and bath products.
Butylated Hydroxytoluene is an antioxidant additive

Next up is Brilliant Moisturizing Gel:
This product is one of those that are almost to pretty to use! I used this the first time immediately after I used Awake that first time and I also fell in love with it! Brilliant is a "Brilliant" combination of gel and little moisturizer beads that look like pearls.  Using the little spoon that is included in the package, scoop out a little bead and an equal amount of gel, blend and apply; it has this amazing smell of bell peppers in the jar but once blended the smell dissipates, my face love this stuff.  I have even been using it on my feet, my hands and my elbows!
Ingredients:
Ginseng, a plant extract, is used to tone and revitalize skin, balance the oil gland production, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Pearl Powder stimulates new skin growth by regenerating collagen, improving skin tone and creating more youthful-looking skin.
Glycerin, derived from natural plant oil, is a non-toxic and non-irritating plant-based humectant, or moisture-preserver.
Propylene Glycol is a humidifying and delivery ingredient that helps active ingredients penetrate in the skin.
Carbopol Ultrez 21 Polymer is designed to thicken and stabilize personal care products.
Natural Silver is a natural metallic element used in cosmetics for its disinfecting properties and is known to destroy viruses and eliminate fungal infections.
Polyoxyethylene(40)Hydrogenated Castor Oil is a blend of polyethylene glycol and vegetable oil derived from the castor bean. Castor oil is used in cosmetics as an emollient (or skin softening agent), but also has water-binding properties. Also acts as a vehicle to deliver other ingredients deeper into the skin.
Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate is derived from amino acids and used as a skin-conditioning agent and preservative
 
It is my belief that these products combined have not only reduced the dark circles under my eyes, but improved the overall feel and appearance of my skin.  I highly recommend these products!
 
Please visit my page, www.youniqueproducts.com/pamelagraham for these and other great products; and do not hesitate to contact me for more information on any Younique product or on the company and the Younique Opportunity!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment